Are You Eligible for the Sliding Scale?
The Bernard Healthcare Center sees ADULTS for primary health care.
Requirements for reduced fee care are as follows:
- Uninsured or Under-Insured
- Must be between 18 and 64 years of age
- Must register at the clinic annually ($5 registration fee)
- Must reside in Franklin County or nearby
- Income at or below 400% of the federal poverty guidelines
- Single Person – up to $49,960 a year
- Couple – up to $67,640 a year
- Family of 4 – up to $103,000 a year – higher income may be had with more family members
Bring the following information to your registration appointment:
- Proof of residency in Franklin County area (identification)
- Proof of income for the entire family (last 1040 Federal Income Tax Return)
- 4 most recent pay stubs
- Unemployment benefits letter
- Disability check or Letter of Benefits
- Social Security check or Letter of Benefits
- Food Stamp letter (monthly amount)
- Bank statements (checking, savings, CD’s, stocks, bonds, etc.) (Each patient is responsible for updating income annually, and reporting any changes at each appointment.)
YOU MUST REGISTER AHEAD OF TIME TO SEE A PHYSICIAN AT A REDUCED FEE.
Call the clinic between 8:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. Monday through Thursday for an appointment to register.
Once you have registered, you can simply call the clinic to make an appointment. At each appointment, you are responsible for letting us know if anything has changed….income, insurance status, address, phone number. You are asked to provide a new 1040 by April 15 each year.