Frequently Asked Questions

Q:  I haven’t filed a 1040 Federal Tax Return in several years.  What should I bring to registration instead of that?

A:  We have a form to fill out.  Make sure you bring at least two recent paystubs (if you work now), records of any income from any source, and current food stamp award notification.  Don’t forget to report child support and/or alimony.

Q:  I don’t have any income.  What do I bring to registration?

A:  If you live with someone who provides your food and shelter, it may be helpful to bring this person with you to sign a form.  Otherwise, bring a letter from the person who provides your food and shelter.  Bring all other documents from the Registration checklist.

Q:  Do you provide birth control methods?

A:  Generally not.  Please contact the Franklin County Health Department for birth control, pregnancy, or sexually transmitted diseases.

Q:  Do you provide chronic pain management?

A:  No.  We do not prescribe narcotics.

Q:  Can I get prescriptions filled in the Free Clinic pharmacy?

A:  You must be a registered and active patient to access our pharmacy. On a rare occasion, we are able to fill prescriptions related to an emergency room visit or specialist visit for existing patients.

Q:  Do you provide maintenance medications?

A:  Yes, we regularly treat and provide medicine for patients with long-term conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, low thyroid, and high cholestrol.  We also try to educate our patients on how to manage their condition and live a healthier life.

Q:  What are typical patient medical complaints?

A:  Some patients need ‘actue’ care for problems such as strep throat, sinus infections, skin rashes, and urinary tract infections.  Other patients are seen for ‘chronic’ long-term problems such as diabetes and high blood pressure.

Dr. Powell

Dr. Powell

Dr. Merten

Dr. Merten