The Services We Provide
The Bernard Healthcare Center in Rocky Mount, Virginia, sees adults for primary health care, and provides prescriptions at a minimal cost to uninsured patients. We offer the following services:
- Medical care (provided by physician, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant)
- Prescription medications (most a $3 fee)
- Basic laboratory testing
- Referral to specialists and imaging (cost based on financial need)
- Specialty care for diabetics
- Women’s health care (excludes family planning/STD)
YOU MUST REGISTER AHEAD OF TIME TO SEE A PHYSICIAN ON A SLIDING SCALE.
Call the clinic between 8:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. Monday through Thursday for an appointment to register. If you bring all required information to register, approval for services can be provided the same day as registered.
Please bring a Photo ID (driver’s license, passport) and proof of address (any mail). Also bring any of the following that apply to you: proof of income for you and your household (pay stubs for 1 month), most recent IRS Tax Return (1040), bank statements, unemployment benefits letter, Social Security benefits letter, and/or SNAP benefits letter.
We will be glad to assist you with the registration process at your first appointment. If you prefer to fill out the registration documents ahead of time, download our registration packet.